Definition of a cookie
Cookies are small text files sent by a website to a user's device (which might be a desktop or laptop computer, a smartphone, or a tablet) while he is browsing. They are stored in the browser's memory. The website that sent them can read and save the cookies found on the device to retrieve data of various types.
Types of cookies used on each Colossos website
Each site uses:
- Technical cookies ensuring that the site content can be used properly;
- Third-party analytical cookies as an anonymous and pooled instrument to analyze the attitudes of people who browse the site;
- Third-party profiling cookies to promote offers which are compatible with the customers' requirements.
Definition of the various types of cookies
Session cookies: These cookies are deleted automatically when exiting the browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome).
Persistent cookies: These cookies remain on the device and operate even after closing the browser, until they expire.
First-party cookies: These cookies are generated by the owner of the website the user is browsing.
Third-party cookies: These cookies are generated by parties (third parties) other than the owner of the website the user is browsing (under an agreement between the website owner and the third party).
Definition of functional macro-categories
Technical cookies are necessary for the website to operate properly and to make browsing possible; without this type of cookies, users would not be able to view pages correctly or use some services. For example, a technical cookie is essential to keep users connected while they browse the website and to store language, display, and other settings. Technical cookies can be subdivided into:
- Browsing cookies: which ensure that users can browse smoothly (e.g. by enabling them to make a purchase or log into the “members” area);
- Analytical cookies: which can be assimilated to technical cookies if they are used directly by the site owner to gather information, in an aggregated form, on user numbers and how they use the site;
- Functionality cookies: which improve the service delivered by tailoring the browsing experience based on a series of selected criteria (e.g. language, products selected for purchase).
Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used to send advertising messages based on the preferences users indicate when browsing this network. Because of the particularly invasive nature of these cookies and their impact on users' privacy, applicable regulations stipulate that users must be duly informed of their use and consent to it.
As these cookies are not necessary for the site to operate properly but are only used to make internet users aware of the offers best suited to their needs, users have the option to enable or disable them directly on the websites of the cookies' owners.
Details of the cookies used
The cookies used on this website can be attributed to different owners:
- Colossos: These cookies are used for some specific functionalities of the website;
- Intercom: These cookies are used to communicate with intercom and add the chat bot to Colossos's website;
- Google: These cookies are related to specific services provided by Google. Google is an american company and their servers are in various countries, including the United States and several countries within the European Union.
- Cloudflare: These cookies are related to the Captcha verification and validation on form submission. (Turnstile)
This site uses the following cookies:
|colosses.id||Colossos||Server Session (10min)||First-party technical cookie||Used to authorize and authenticate the user|
|Intercom_ID||Intercom||Permanent||Third-party technical cookie||Used for customers and communicate with the support of Colossos|
|__cf_bm||Cloudflare||30min||Third-party technical cookie||The __cf_bm cookie is a cookie necessary to support Cloudflare Bot Management, currently in private beta. As part of our bot management service, this cookie helps manage incoming traffic that matches criteria associated with bots.|
|_mkto_trk||Cloudflare||1 year||Third-party technical cookie||Allows a website to link visitor behaviour to the recipient of an email marketing campaign, to measure campaign effectiveness.|
|sparrow_id||Cloudflare||6 months||Third-party technical cookie||They are used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not store any personal identifiable information.|
|_ga||1 month||Third-party technical cookie||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gid||1 month||Third-party technical cookie||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information on how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.|
How to disable cookies